Terms and Conditions
1. PURPOSE OF DOCUMENT
The purpose of this document is to define the terms and conditions of trade for Purbeck Systems Design Ltd (the company) and its retail outlet the Purbeck Mobility Centre.
- The “Company” means Purbeck Systems Design Ltd
- The “Customer” means the person, firm or company as shown on the Order buying Goods from the Company and any person to whom or for the benefit of whom the Goods may be delivered.
- The “Goods” means the goods described on our invoice, proposal, quotation or order acceptance form.
- The “supplier” means the provider or manufacturer of the goods offered for sale by the Company to the Customer.
3. CUSTOMER PURCHASES AND ORDERS
- VAT Exemption – Customers who qualify for exemption from paying VAT should provide a valid VAT exemption certificate (or other documentation approved by HMRC for the purpose) or complete and sign the VAT invoice provided by the Company at the time of purchase.
- The Customer may place an order with Company in writing by email using the contact us section of the website, or by letter to the registered address, or to our retail outlet at the Purbeck Mobility Centre, at St Johns Hill, Wareham, BH20 4NB.
- These conditions apply to any contract formed by the Company’s acceptance of the Customer’s order (a “Contract”) and apply to the exclusion of any other terms that the Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing. An Order constitutes an offer by the Customer to purchase the Goods in accordance with these conditions. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the terms of any Order are complete and accurate. An Order shall only be deemed to be accepted when the Company issues a written acceptance of an Order, at which point a Contract shall come into existence.
- Any Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. The Customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of the Company which is not set out in a Contract.
- Please note that Made to Order and some Non-stock products are non-returnable. For clarification, please check the status of the Goods at time of order.
Any estimate or quotation provided by the Company shall comprise an invitation to treat and will remain open for acceptance for a period of 30 days provided that the Company has not previously withdrawn it by written notice prior to acceptance, or otherwise agreed.
Every effort is made to ensure that all product and technical details of Suppliers products offered for sale by the Company are the latest as provided by the Supplier to the Company. The Company reserves the right to update the specification of goods and services for sale without prior notice.
- All prices quoted for Goods are exclusive of Value Added Tax unless otherwise stated. VAT will be charged by the Company to the Customer unless the Customer qualifies for VAT exemption or the goods are VAT exempt as defined by HMRC.
- The Company reserves the right to vary the price of the Goods prior to order acceptance without prior notice.
- Prices charged will be those effective at the date of receipt of the Customer’s Order.
- Unless the Company otherwise agrees in writing, settlement of the Company’s invoices is due in full within 30 days of date of invoice to the Company, at the address below.
- The Company does not offer credit accounts.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to withhold or set off payment either wholly or in part once the same has become due except where expressly agreed in writing with the Company.
8. DELIVERY / HANDLING CHARGES
- Unless the Company otherwise agrees in writing, delivery shall be made to the address specified in the Order.
- Stated delivery times are no more than an estimate on the part of the Company and shall not be binding upon the Company, which shall not be liable for any costs or damage caused by reason of any delay in delivery.
- For clarification, please check the status of the Goods at time of making an Order. The Company does not accept any liability, nor does it give any guarantee regarding the actual delivery time or date.
- Delivery charges, where appropriate, will be advised by the Company at the time of purchase.
9. PASSING OF TITLE
The legal title to the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until all sums due or payable by the Customer to the Company whether in respect of the Goods or otherwise shall have been received in full and cleared funds by the Company.
The Company shall honour the warranty provided by the Supplier on all goods offered for sale by the Company from the date of invoice with the exception of disposable and limited life products. In the absence of any such published warranty applicable to the Goods, the Company warrants that the Goods shall at the time of delivery be of satisfactory quality.
Please note that the Company reserves the right to refuse the return of and request that the Customer ‘disposes’ appropriately of any Goods deemed as faulty and where they may have been; contaminated, soiled or spoiled in either transit or use and where it is prohibited by law to knowingly allow these Goods to enter in to the public courier, or postal transport systems; e.g. bathing, toileting, personal items, spilled liquids, burst products etc. For such items the Company has the right to request the Customer provide images to substantiate the fault or damage and reason for return/refund/replacement. This does not affect your statutory rights.
11. EQUIPMENT HIRE
11.1 Rental Periods
Minimum rental periods are one full day. Part day hire may be offered on some products at the discretion of the Company.
11.2 Rental Deposits
Equipment for hire is subject to availability at the time of booking. A refundable deposit may be required at the time of booking subject to the discretion of the Company.
The deposit will cover any loss or damage caused to the product whilst in the possession of the customer. It is at the Company’s discretion to define what is deemed as damage and to set the costs to repair such damage.
The deposit will be refunded within a reasonable timescale when the product has been returned to the possession of the Company and the Company has verified no damage has occurred.
In the event, at the end of the rental term, rental, delivery or collection payments are outstanding, they will be deducted from the deposit.
11.3 Prices and Payments
If any alteration to the specification of the goods ordered is requested by the customer and agreed by the Company an appropriate alteration in the price for the goods may be made by the Company.
Current prices for equipment rentals are shown on the website and displayed in store.
The hirer shall pay the full cost of the rental and deposit in full at least 2 weeks before the start date of hire.
For long term hire payment by monthly standing order may be offered to the hirer at the discretion of the Company.
11.4 Repair and Replacement
The conditions set out below do not affect the statuary rights of the customer but the Customer must comply with the provisions set out below.
- In the event of a defect in the goods supplied becoming apparent within the hire period, the Company will affect any necessary repair or arrange product replacement as soon as possible. The Company will not be held liable for any losses incurred during this period.
- Should a defect occur during the hire period the customer must notify the Company immediately. No use must be made of the goods and no alterations or unauthorised repairs must be made to the goods by the Customer or any other persons unless authorised by the Company. If the Customer is operating the goods away from the locality of the Company, the Customer must contact the Company to obtain the name and address of another repairer authorised by the Company.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Company where the goods have required repair or replacement as a direct result of the goods or part thereof being damaged by neglect, accident or improper use, or, the goods or part thereof having been altered from the manufacturers specifications, or repairs having been attempted prior to the Company being notified.
- In the event of the goods requiring repair or replacement as a result of one of the fore mentioned occurring, the cost of repair or replacement will be charged to the hirer.
The Company’s insurance provides the Customer with limited public liability and product damage cover. There is an insurance excess of £100 for any claim for which the Customer will be liable.
Cover is excluded if the Customer already has insurance that would cover any incident, or if the equipment is used in contravention of road traffic legislation.
Full details of the Company insurance can be provided on request.
11.6 Customer Competency
The company reserves the right to refuse hire of mobility scooters to a Customer where, in the opinion of the Company representative the Customer is not able to safely operate or control the machine.
12. USE OF OUR WEBSITE
Our website contains links to other websites of customers, suppliers, contacts and other bodies which the Company believes may be useful and interesting. Such links, however, are not endorsements by the Company of any products or services supplied via or referred to in such sites and no information in such sites has been expressly or implicitly endorsed or approved by the Company. By using a link on our site, the Customer indicates their agreement that the Company shall be under no liability arising out of the use of such link(s).
The Purbeck Mobility Centre is a trading name of Purbeck Systems Design Ltd
Registered Address: 25 D’Urberville Drive, Swanage, BH19 1QN
Company Registration Number: 3486200
VAT Registration Number: 703 0148 88
Do you have any questions about our equipment for hire Get in touch with us today
What our Customers say
Great service from Andy; would recommend. He is very thorough and went over my scooter meticulously. Good price.
Mr Mason, Swanage
Very caring and excellent service.
John Briggs, Wareham
Lorraine came to Pine Martin Grange to measure my husband and we bought a lovely Karma wheelchair on her advice which was perfect for him. Thank you
Lots of choice of rollators – I’m very happy with the double-fold Genesis which I bought. My daughter wants one too now. Lorraine was very helpful and well-informed.